Skilled Nursing and Therapy
At NewAldaya, we recognize that choosing skilled care can be a difficult decision. Relax. When you choose NewAldaya, we work closely with you to make the process from hospital to short-term rehab as seamless as possible.
We pledge to provide you with exceptional and cutting-edge care, and we are pleased to offer post-acute and rehabilitative care to help you recover and return home.
We have so much to offer. A full 95 percent of patients and families recommend us.
Skilled Nursing Services offered, but are not limited to:
- In-house IV antibiotics and fluids
- Medication management and support
- TPN (Total Parental Nutrition)
- Wound management and healing (including wound vacs)
- BiPap during hours of sleep
- Lab draws and in-house X-rays
Therapy Services offered, but are not limited to:
- Rehabilitation therapy staff (physical, occupational, and speech therapists)
- Wound management and healing
- Lymphedema therapy
- Accelerated Care Plus Modalities (ACP) Services
- Electrical stimulation
- Individualized treatment plans and goal setting
- Evaluation of your home for safe and appropriate return (as needed)
Hospitality and Amenities:
- Large private and semi-private rooms with en suite bathrooms
- Home-like decor and furnishings: flat screen TV, spacious closets, guest seating, and much more
- Professionally licensed nurses, social workers, a dietitian, and recreational therapists
- On-site, state of the art rehabilitation therapy gym
- Chaplaincy services offered
- On-site Chapel
- Transportation services and scheduling for medical appointments
- Menu selection room service and dining options
To facilitate your return home, our therapy and social work staff will assist you with:
- Evaluation of your own home for a safe and appropriate return
- Preparing a home exercise plan. A project of the Live better. Live well.® initiative
- Selecting necessary home equipment and adaptive devices
- Working with the appropriate agencies to provide support for a safe transition, including
- Home Health providers
- Meals on Wheels
- Life alert products
You have a Choice when it comes to short-term rehab.
Choose the best care in a comfortable setting at NewAldaya. Tell your doctor or hospital discharge planner that you choose NewAldaya Lifescapes.
Call Admissions for a personal evaluation and explanation of services.
- Office: (319) 268-0401
- Cell: (319) 240-4571
How to Qualify:
Skilled Nursing Care
Our nursing service is covered by private insurance or Medicare Part A. Medicare Part A requires a three-night acute care hospital stay within the 30 days prior to your skilled admission. Some insurance providers do not require this three-night stay requirement.
Pre-requisites that Qualify a person for Skilled Nursing coverage by Medicare include:
Medicare pays for transitional care in a nursing home only for limited periods following hospitalization.
- A person must have three overnights in an acute care hospital within 30 days of admission to a Skilled Nursing Center.
- A 100-day maximum stay is related to any one hospitalization and diagnosis.
- A person must make regular progress as documented by medical professionals. If progress toward prior level of function is no longer occurring, Medicare coverage ends.
- A person must have a physician order for Skilled Nursing Services.