Embark on a community-centered journey in Cedar Falls at NewAldaya Lifescapes. We’re more than just a Senior Living Community. Our diverse range of amenities invites people of all ages to create meaningful moments. Whether you’re enjoying a workout at our wellness center, exploring Vern’s General Store, having a drink in Elm’s Pub, joining us for Friday Night Live Music Events or finding serenity in our on-site chapel, there’s something for everyone in our vibrant community. Join us as we celebrate the spirit of togetherness, embracing the community in the heart of Cedar Falls, Iowa, at NewAldaya Lifescapes.
Care to share your fitness talents?
Senior Living Wellness Center
We Received the Fit Friendly Award
This vibrant, energy-filled space allows you to choose weights or cardio machines, or you can even join a wellness class. We’re also open to the community, so family members can join us!
“I fell down when I was at home alone. This was the second time, but this time, I wasn’t hurt and was able to get up myself. I attribute that to the regular exercise and continued strength training done at NewAldaya Wellness Center after being discharged from therapy following my initial fall.”
—Elvin, Wellness Center Member
Senior Living Wellness Hours
- Community: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Residents & Staff: 24-hour access
- Power U Program
- Wellness coaching & strength training
- Personal training & fitness classes
- Well-being seminars
- Community presentations available upon request
Monday & Wednesday & Friday
Back to Basics -10:00
A fun class that works the whole body with strength exercises and movement. These exercises are for all levels and can be modified to keep you going.
Monday & Wednesday:
Power U Fitness – Join Anytime!
Revamp your fitness journey with Power U! Our program caters to all levels, offering tailored modifications for every stage of your fitness adventure Employee Rate: $65 for a Punch Card with 16 Visits & Non-Employee Rate: $70 for a Punch Card with 16 Visits. You only use a punch when you attend class. If you can’t make it, there’s no cost involved. Visits Never Expire!
Questions? Call Alicia Moran at 319-553-2251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesdays & Thursdays:
Yoga – 4:30
This class will combine exercise techniques from both Yoga and Pilates that will promote a strong core. This will be a progressive class building on our foundation poses/exercises to improve strength, balance, flexibility, and stamina.
Strength and Tone – 1:15
An easy flowing sequence of gentle stretches and strengthening exercises will promote increased strength, flexibility, & vitality.
A short sequence of gentle poses held for extended periods of 5 minutes or longer. Props are used to support the body, enabling you to calm the mind and body to reach a deeper sense of relaxation.
Restorative Yoga is very beneficial in combatting the damage of everyday stress. Held in a quiet environment, along with the gentle nature of the poses, it is very soothing and a welcome retreat from our hectic lives.
Christian Caring—enhancing lives through a commitment to individualized care in a home empowered by God’s love—has been the core of our mission since our founding. It emphasizes the value we place on people and our dedication to residents’ quality of life for senior living wellness.
What Christian Caring Really Means
- Everyone is welcome at NewAldaya Lifescapes.
- We treat every person with the highest level of respect and thoughtfulness.
- We support choices and offer options for better living.
- NewAldaya Lifescapes is a safe, secure and vibrant community in which to live and visit.
- Our focus of well-being includes a full-time Chaplain to support spiritual wellness.
- All are invited to worship in our beautiful Good Shepherd Chapel.
- We help you live better.
Our life plan community offers the reassurance of a plan for the future and a focus on you.
Scheduled Chapel Services
Regularly scheduled services include:
- Dining Room Devotional Prayer: 11:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday through Friday
- Morning Worship & Devotion in the Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays
- Bible Study in the 1st Floor Assisted Living Lounge: 1:15 p.m. Tuesdays
- Devotion in Cascade Area: 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays
- Vespers in the Chapel: 4:00 p.m. Wednesdays
- Anointing Service: 2nd Wednesday of the month
- Morning Worship & Devotion in the Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Thursdays
- Bible Study in Cascade Area: 10:30 a.m. Thursdays
- Hymn Sing in Chapel: 4:00 p.m. Thursdays
- Morning Worship & Devotion in the Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Fridays
- Bible Study in the Chapel: 10:35 a.m. Fridays
- Sunday Worship in the Chapel: 10:30 a.m. Sundays
- Holy Communion: 2nd Sunday of the month
- Contemporary Service: 3rd Sunday of the month, 9 a.m.
- Worship & Devotion in Memory Care Unit: 4:00 p.m. Sundays
- Worship & Devotion in Cascade Dining Room: 4:30 p.m. Sundays
- Maundy Thursday Service
- Good Friday Service
- Easter Service
Vern’s General Store
Stop by Vern’s General Store to grab groceries or whatever you need Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Read the full story about the history of Vern’s General Store.