NewAldaya Lifescapes dedicates itself to providing senior living wellness as part of our amenities and care. Enjoy working out at our wellness center, visiting Vern’s General Store or going to a service at our on-site chapel.
Senior Living Wellness Center
We Received the Fit Friendly Award
This vibrant, energy-filled space allows you to choose weights or cardio machines, or you can even join a wellness class. We’re also open to the community, so family members can join us!
“I fell down when I was at home alone. This was the second time, but this time, I wasn’t hurt and was able to get up myself. I attribute that to the regular exercise and continued strength training done at NewAldaya Wellness Center after being discharged from therapy following my initial fall.”
—Elvin, Wellness Center Member
Senior Living Wellness Hours
- Community: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Residents & Staff: 24-hour access
- Wellness coaching & strength training
- Personal training & fitness classes
- Well-being seminars
- Community presentations available upon request
Progressive Resistance Training: 1:00 & 2:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday & Friday
A series of low-impact functional fitness exercises focused on improving strength, balance and range of motion.
Stretch & Tone: 10:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
An easy flowing sequence of gentle stretches and strengthening exercises to promote increased strength, flexibility and vitality.
Body Blast Basic (Medium Intensity): 4:15 p.m., Monday & Wednesday
This eight-week class offers a blend of cardio, strengthening and sculpting. Body Blast is a unique addition to your senior living wellness workout routine, as it mixes things up and will help you achieve the results you’ve been seeking. This class offers a variety of formats that change every week. Activate more muscles, strengthen the core and keep the heart rate at an effective training level. We utilize equipment such as weights, bands and body-weight resistance movements.
Stronger: 8:45 a.m., Tuesdays & Thursdays
This class will incorporate all elements of fitness, increasing your cardiovascular fitness and strength while, at the same time, improving your flexibility and balance. This class is great for beginners of all ages.
Yoga: 12:15 p.m. & 4:30 p.m., Tuesdays & Thursdays
This class will combine exercise techniques from both Yoga and Pilates that will promote a strong core. This will be a progressive class building on our foundation poses/exercises to improve strength, balance, flexibility and stamina.
Christian Caring—enhancing lives through a commitment to individualized care in a home empowered by God’s love—has been the core of our mission since our founding. It emphasizes the value we place on people and our dedication to residents’ quality of life for senior living wellness.
What Christian Caring Really Means
- Everyone is welcome at NewAldaya Lifescapes.
- We treat every person with the highest level of respect and thoughtfulness.
- We support choices and offer options for better living.
- NewAldaya Lifescapes is a safe, secure and vibrant community in which to live and visit.
- Our focus of well-being includes a full-time Chaplain to support spiritual wellness.
- All are invited to worship in our beautiful Good Shepherd Chapel.
- We help you live better.
Our life plan community offers the reassurance of a plan for the future and a focus on you.
Scheduled Chapel Services
Regularly scheduled services include:
- Dining Room Devotional Prayer: 11:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday through Friday
- Morning Worship & Devotion in the Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays
- Bible Study in the 1st Floor Assisted Living Lounge: 1:15 p.m. Tuesdays
- Devotion in Cascade Area: 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays
- Vespers in the Chapel: 4:00 p.m. Wednesdays
- Anointing Service: 2nd Wednesday of the month
- Morning Worship & Devotion in the Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Thursdays
- Bible Study in Cascade Area: 10:30 a.m. Thursdays
- Hymn Sing in Chapel: 4:00 p.m. Thursdays
- Morning Worship & Devotion in the Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Fridays
- Bible Study in the Chapel: 10:35 a.m. Fridays
- Sunday Worship in the Chapel: 10:30 a.m. Sundays
- Holy Communion: 2nd Sunday of the month
- Contemporary Service: 3rd Sunday of the month, 9 a.m.
- Worship & Devotion in Memory Care Unit: 4:00 p.m. Sundays
- Worship & Devotion in Cascade Dining Room: 4:30 p.m. Sundays
- Maundy Thursday Service
- Good Friday Service
- Easter Service
Vern’s General Store
Stop by Vern’s General Store to grab groceries or whatever you need Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Read the full story about the history of Vern’s General Store.